I have served this recipe to numerous friends who claim they don’t like salmon but this dish always seems to change their minds. The recipe can be adapted a little to what you have in the fridge, as long as you keep the base of garlic, chilli, lemon and olive oil.
Cooking time 15 minutes (Preparation time 15 minutes)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ red chilli
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 mushrooms
- 1/3 bunch of spring onions
- cup of butternut squash
- 2 sweet potatoes or 3 Maris Piper Potatoes
- butter or dairy free alternative
- Dash of milk or non diary milk
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice (either fresh or from a bottle)
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and boil the kettle.
- Finely chop the chilli and the garlic, chop the potatoes and chop up the other vegetables into small pieces.
- Cut silver foil into two large pieces.
- Place a bed of the chopped chilli, garlic and vegetables onto the centre of the foil.
- Place the salmon on the bed of vegetables and drizzle in olive oil, lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold up the two sides of the silver foil, seal and places parcels on a baking tray and pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking place the chopped potatoes into a pan and put on for boiling, once soft, drain and mash with butter and milk or dairy free alternative and season well.
- Plate up the mash and then place the salmon and vegetable on once cooked.