Nothing beats Nachos with homemade Chunky Salsa and Guacamole when you fancy a bit of guilt-free naughtiness and these yummy recipes are sure to cure any naughty cravings.
For me the cravings hit last night when I got home from work. I didn’t fancy the salad I had planned to eat but instead I was craving something slightly naughty, warm and comforting. I looked through the fridge and cupboards, to assess what could be made and when I spotted the Corn Tortilla Chips, Nachos immediately came to mind.
I have used what I had in the fridge, so a few items could be swapped about but these recipes work really well as they.
Serves 4 for a snack or 2 hungry people for a main meal
Cooking Time 3-4 minutes (Preparation time 15 minutes)
- 335g cherry or normal tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic
- 1½ chilli’s (use 2 Chilli’s if you like hot salsa and add the extra half to the salsa)
- 1 lemon or lime (I didn’t have any limes)
- ½ bunch of coriander
- salt and pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1 bag of corn tortilla chips
- cheddar cheese (If vegan use nutritional yeast instead)
- Chop up the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Finely chop the garlic and chilli.
- Chop the coriander.
- Destone, chop and mash the avocado (If you like chunky Guacamole, mash less).
- In one bowl mix together 300g of tomatoes, 1/2 onion, garlic, 2/3 chilli, coriander, 1/4 lemon juice in a bowl and a pinch of salt to make the Salsa.
- In another bowl mix together 35g cherry tomatoes (1 normal tomato), 1/2 onion, 1/3 chilli, 1/2 lemon juice, salt and pepper to make the Guacamole.
- Take two plates and place 1/2 the tortilla chips on each plate, 1/2 Guacamole, 1/2 Salsa and grated as much or as little cheese as you like on top (If vegan sprinkle over nutritional yeast).
- Place each plate in the microwave for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted.