A must for anyone who loves pecan pie! Indulgent guilt-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free bite size slices of pecan pie heaven. The perfect guilt-free treat to serve when you have friends round for coffee.
I have combined and adapted a few different recipes I have found online and in books to create this version of the Pecan Pie Slices and I think this is the perfect recipe but I am always looking to improve my recipes so please leave feedback if you have any suggestions.
Makes 16 bars
Cooking time 45 minutes (Preparation time 15 minutes)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder or xanthan Gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 225g pitted dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Grease and line a 23cm/9inch tin.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut oil, 1 egg, almond flour, coconut sugar, arrow root and sea salt, pulsing until the dough forms a ball.
- Press the dough into the tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the base is cooking, place the dates into a food processor and blend for 1 minute, then add the 2 eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract and process on high until smooth.
- After 15 minutes, pour the filling onto the cooked base, sprinkle the chopped pecans over, press the pecans in slightly and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bars to cool before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container for upto 10 days.