These bars are great for a mid morning snack or even as a breakfast replacement when you are in a rush. They also make a perfect replacement for exercise snack bars. They are packed with protein, good fats and complex carbohydrates, to keep you going through the morning.
Makes 12 bars
Cooking time: 10 minutes (Preparation time 20 minutes)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 120g porridge oats
- 120g jumbo oats
- 4 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons pumkin seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped figs
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Lightly grease and line a 23cm baking time. If you don’t have an easy release base, use my trick below to get the bars out easily after baking.
- Once melted down, remove from the heat and add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container and they will last for one week.